South Dundas Murals: #15. Churches of South Dundas Mural - Riverside Heights
Artist: Mike Kelly, Iroquois
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
This mural depicts local churches, past and present. The Holy Trinity Anglican Church and St. Johnís Evangelical Lutheran Church were originally located about a kilometre south of this mural. The Lutheran Church was the first Protestant Church in Upper Canada, established by the United Empire Loyalists, and erected in 1789-1790. During Seaway Construction the Lutheran Church was demolished and replaced with a modern building. The Anglican Church was dismantled stones and timbers numbered, and the Church replicated in exact detail. Both relocated churches now stand one kilometre east of the mural.