Home Then & Now Galleries Quick Links Ships Now Contacts About Us  


Morrisburg Then and Now

Morrisburg Looking South East - taken 29 October 1956

Aerial View of the Morrisburg Shopping Centre Under Construction in June 1957.

Aerial View of Morrisburg Waterfront in 1957 - Getting the new town water system ready.

1 July, 1958 - Morrisburg Lock 23 Disappears Under the St Lawrence River.

Lock 23 as it Looks Today - Under the Water.

1950s Ontario Hydro Map of Morrisburg Before the Seaway.

Google Earth Satellite Image From Today.

1950s & Today Maps Overlaid Together.
"YOU ARE HERE" is on the Waterfont Path, Where it Meets the Path to Canada Way (one of our alternate locations).

1950s Aerial Photograph of Old Morrisburg - from South East.

1950s Aerial Photograph of Old Morrisburg - from East.

1950s Aerial Photograph of Old Morrisburg - from South.

How it Looks Today.

What Was Lost: View Down the Old Main Street. 

What Was Not Lost: Unlike Most of the St. Lawrence Seaway "Lost Villages",
Much of the Residental Area was not Lost - With Many of the Striking Old Residences and Churches.

Today: Looking West Along Lakeshore Drive (The Old Queens Highway)

Today: Looking North from the River.